Cloud & Hosting Infrastructure Lead
The Cloud & Hosting Infrastructure Lead is the subject matter expert and leader of our hybrid hosting infrastructure involving AWS, Azure and on-premise networks.
This person is responsible for the design and implementation of all infrastructure components including network, storage, servers, virtualization, containers and associated hardware and software solutions, with an emphasis on stability, security and performance. The role ensures that infrastructure implementations follow project management and service delivery best practices. This role requires strategic vision, conceptual design, detailed design, and hands-on implementation.
The Cloud & Hosting Infrastructure Lead defines strategies and plans to enable a cloud-first vision, migrating existing on-premises hosts, and develops automation functionality. This position works with all project teams within the business as well as customer technology teams to ensure hosting needs are met. They also work closely with support and application development teams for trouble-shooting, root-cause analysis, and problem remediation, as well as to deploy new solutions and upgrades. This person must also be comfortable operating as an individual contributor and using influence and expertise to aid the transformation of an organization.
- Be responsible for the effective design, implementation, and support of production-ready systems and infrastructure at facilities around the world, implementing the latest security controls.
- Use your expertise in cloud technology to communicate directly with clients of all types to help them seamlessly adopt cloud products and solutions wherever they are on their cloud journey.
- Implement best practices and standards
- Implement strategies to consolidate and protect IT assets
- Maintain inventory of IT assets and related configuration
- Be familiar with the AWS Well-Architected Framework, Elastic Container Service (ECS), Elastic Kubernetes Service (EKS) and Fargate
- Architect, design, build, implement and troubleshoot AWS solutions with FDA compliant, scalable architecture supporting multiple customers
- Be aware of emerging AWS services and quickly implement for improvements
- Have extensive experience configuring DNS and B2B networks. Experience with Route 53 and Direct Connect is best.
- Comprehensive understanding of network architecture
- Experience with vulnerability scanners and vulnerability management tools such as Qualys, Rapid7, Retina or Tripwire.
- Have a systematic problem-solving approach, communicate effectively, thrive in a vibrant team environment and be willing to collaborate in order to elevate your team.